Hope Academy, grounded in the love of Christ, offers hope to disadvantaged and/or academically at-risk children and their families.Karen Bailey, teacher, educational therapist, missionary, and homeschool mom, became aware of the needs of children in her Lancaster City neighborhood when several parents approached her to help educate their at-risk children.
When others began to see the academic and character development that was evident in the children, there were other families who asked for help. Unable to help more children in her home, God began to unfold His plan for Hope Academy.
God led Karen to partner with The Mix at Arbor Place on North St. in Lancaster. They were building a brand new ministry facility to reach out to children in the neighboorhood and were planning to use their second story for educational purposes. It was a perfect match.
Now, even more children can receive this specialized education. The school opened on September 2012!
- ALL teachers are NILD (National Institute for Learning Development) educational therapists available to give educational therapy, tutoring, and testing for....
- Full-time and/or part-time students (www.nild.org)
- Private students
- Passion for inner city youth and cross-cultural teaching
- Ability level grouping
- Hands-on approach to learning
- Small classroom size (1:8)
- Family atmosphere
- Specialized, high-protein hot breakfast and lunch program
- Scholarship programs (More Details)
- EITC (Educational Improvement Tax Credit)
- Corporate sponsorship
- Private sponsorship
- Church sponsorship
See Hope Academy's WGAL NEWS 8 Feature HERE
Hope Academy is a registered, private school with the Department of Education as well as a member of ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International)
. Hope Academy is a Bibilically-centered school not affiliated with any particular denomination or church.
Students who attend Hope Academy will receive educational therapy and/or instruction based on the NILD (National Institute for Learning Development) approach to learning. All teachers are trained by NILD and use the techniques in one-on-one therapy as well as small and large group instruction.
- Executive Director(founder): Karen Bailey - Teacher/Therapist (email@example.com)
- NILD Program Coordinator: Lisa Pidcock - Therapist
- Math Teacher/Therapist: Susan Kitchen
- NILD Therapist: Lisa Pidcock
We will be adding Board of Director biographies soon!